NOTICE-Credit and Debit Card Payments Now Accepted
The City of Newburgh is accepting credit cards/debit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Discover) for property taxes. A fee of 2.87% of the total bill amount plus $0.63 per transaction will be charged. Credit/debit payments can be made either in person at the Tax Collector's office Monday through Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM, or online.
2018 Tax Rates
(per $1000 assessed value)
• City Homestead - 19.55681
• Non Homestead – 26.41040
• County – 3.8201
Taxes may be paid in full by February 6, 2018, or in installments as follows:
- 1st Installment due on or before 2/6/18 (add 5% penalty 2/7/18, add interest charge 4/02/18).
- 2nd Installment due on or before 4/6/18 (add 5% penalty 4/7/18, add interest charge 5/30/18).
- 3rd Installment due on or before 6/6/18 (add 5% penalty 6/7/18, add interest charge 7/30/18).
- 4th Installment due on or before 8/6/18 (add 5% penalty 8/7/18, add interest charge 10/01/18)
It is the responsibility of the taxpayer to contact the Tax Collector’s Office if you have not received a tax bill, water and sewer bill, sanitation or dumpster bill. Pursuant to Real Property Tax Law 922, failure to receive a tax bill shall not relieve the taxpayer of the requirement to pay the tax bill or any resulting interest. Parcels with unpaid taxes will be filed on a list of delinquent taxes on November 1.
Form of payments accepted: Cash, Money Orders, Checks
Delinquent School taxes are collected as of April 1.
To get the exact amount of your current taxes, contact Newburgh Enlarged School District at (845) 563-3490