NOTICE-Credit and Debit Card Payments Now Accepted
The City of Newburgh is accepting credit cards/debit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Discover) for property taxes. A fee of 2.87% of the total bill amount plus $0.63 per transaction will be charged. Credit/debit payments can be made either in person at the Tax Collector's office Monday through Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM, or online.
2020 Tax Rates
(per $1000 assessed value)
• City Homestead - 19.597966
• Non Homestead – 27.933692
• County – 3.7275
Taxes may be paid in full by February 5, 2020, or in installments as follows:
- 1st Installment due on or before 2/05/20 (add 5% penalty 2/06/20, add interest charge 3/31/20).
- 2nd Installment due on or before 4/06/20 (add 5% penalty 4/07/20, add interest charge 5/30/20).
- 3rd Installment due on or before 6/05/20 (add 5% penalty 6/06/20, add interest charge 7/30/20).
- 4th Installment due on or before 8/05/20 (add 5% penalty 8/06/20, add interest charge 10/01/20)
It is the responsibility of the taxpayer to contact the Tax Collector’s Office if you have not received a tax bill, water and sewer bill, sanitation or dumpster bill. Pursuant to Real Property Tax Law 922, failure to receive a tax bill shall not relieve the taxpayer of the requirement to pay the tax bill or any resulting interest. Parcels with unpaid taxes will be filed on a list of delinquent taxes on November 1.
Form of payments accepted: Cash, Money Orders, Checks and Credit Cards
Delinquent School taxes are collected as of April 1.
To get the exact amount of your current taxes, contact Newburgh Enlarged School District at (845) 563-3490