The Department of Planning and Development provides or facilitates several programs to assist City residents in the areas of housing and home ownership. For Housing Research, please see our Housing Research page.
Please review our Resource Guide for more information
- Buying Property from the City of Newburgh
- Newburgh Housing Authority
- Rural Development Advisory Corporation- ocrdac.org
- Orange County Rehabilitation Loans
- Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits
- Habitat for Humanity
- Newburgh Community Land Bank
- HUD First-Time Homebuyer Program
The City of Newburgh Department of Planning & Development may offer various funds for property rehabilitation through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Qualified owners of homes and residential rental property in the City of Newburgh may submit their information to the Department of Planning & Development.These funds are intended to benefit residents and tenants who meet low and moderate income guidelines as determined by HUD, and be current with all taxes and mortgage payments.
Applications and program information, including income guidelines are available on-line at http://www.cityofnewburgh-ny.gov/community-development/pages/rehabilitat...