The City of Newburgh Information Technology Department was established in 2003. The Information Technology Department provides 24/7 support to all City departments and is responsible for all technology within City government. Some of the roles and responsibilities of the City of Newburgh IT Department include:
- Configuration and maintenance of the City’s Local Area Networks (LANS), Wide Area Networks (WANS) and wireless systems.
- Configuration and maintenance of the City’s telephone systems including analog, digital, voice over IP (VoIP) and cellular solutions.
- Configuration and maintenance of all City desktops, laptops, printers and other computer peripheral devices.
- Configuration and maintenance of the Citys website.
- Help Desk services for all City departments including application support.
- Procurement of technology items for all City departments.
- Video and audio recording and distribution of City Council work sessions and meetings.