The Newburgh Housing Authority (NHA) provides quality affordable and safe housing, as it strives to move our community forward and help families move from dependency to self-sufficiency. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds two (2) programs with the NHA that may help families rent an apartment or home.
Public Housing provides apartments for low income people, operated by the Newburgh Housing Authority. The government provides funds directly to NHA, and we lower the rents charged low-income tenants. NHA owns and operates two developments in Newburgh: the Mullins Apartments and the Fogarty Apartments (for seniors). To be eligible, you can earn no more than the income limit established by HUD.
Housing Choice Vouchers
Housing Choice Vouchers (formerly called "Section 8") let a family find their own place to rent, using the voucher to pay for all or part of the rent. To be eligible, the household can earn no more than the income limit established by HUD, and the rent must be within established Fair Market Rents levels established by HUD. The unit must also pass an inspection, and the landlord must agree to participate. Due to an extensive list, NHA is not accepting any new applications until further notice.
2016-2017 Board Meetings
All meetings begin at 6:00 pm
- January 21, 2016 at 162 Johnston St
- February 2016 - no meeting
- March 17, 2016 at 40 Walsh Road
- April 21, 2016 at 162 Johnston St
- May 19, 2016 at 40 Walsh Road
- June 16, 2016 at 162 Johnston St – Annual Mtg
- July 2016 - no meeting
- August 2016 - no meeting
- September 15, 2016 at 40 Walsh Road
- October 13, 2016 at 162 Johnston St
- November 2016 - no meeting
- December 15, 2016 - at 40 Walsh Road
- January 19, 2017 - at 162 Johnston St
- February 2016 – no meeting
- March 16, 2017 – 40 Walsh Road
Board of Directors
Valarie E Larry
Secretary / Tenant Representative