The City of Newburgh Arts & Cultural Commission announces a call for commissioners. The Commission is responsible for advising and making recommendations to the City government and its agencies on issues related to the development of art and culture. It strives to be inclusive, diverse, and community-driven in its endeavors. People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, i.e. educators, community organizers, attorneys, business owners, entrepreneurs, and citizens who believe that the arts enhance the quality of life.
The Commission holds regular monthly general meetings, which are open to the public, on the first Monday of the month from 7pm-9pm. The Commission is composed of volunteers whose background, qualifications and life activities demonstrate a sincere commitment to arts and culture and to the City of Newburgh. Members serve terms of three years, dating from the date of their appointment.
The Commission seeks members who may possess any number of diverse qualities or be able to contribute in any of the following ways:
- A commitment to supporting and expanding diversity and inclusivity in the arts and culture of the City of Newburgh
- Dedicated, consistent attendance and participation in monthly Commission meetings and additional monthly Committee meetings.
- Strong leadership and involvement on Commission and Committee work
- Social media marketing skills including Instagram, Facebook, and the web
- Grant-writing and fund-raising skills
- Previous experience in arts administration, community arts, public art projects, arts education programs, etc.
Applicants should note which of these qualifications they possess in their letter of interest and/or resume. Applicants should submit a letter stating their interest in the appointment, a statement of qualifications, and a resume with past experience on or before March 31, 2020.
Letters should be addressed to City Manager Joseph P. Donat. Responses can be mailed to City Hall, 83 Broadway, Newburgh, NY 12550 or emailed to Eliana Diaz, Executive Assistant to City Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org