Permits are required for the following:
- Building (general renovations, repairs, construction)
- Crane operations
- Fence construction
- Garage sales
- Installation of LP gas storage or oil burners
- Parking lot construction
- Swimming pools
- Tank installation
- Wood stoves
Permit Applications can be found here.
We require that you come to the Building Inspector's office (in the Old Courthouse at 123 Grand Street) and explain your plans to one of our staff members. Bring your plans, photos of the site, and your architect or contractor as well. We will tell you what permits you need and give you copies of each permit application form.
Required with Permit Applications
Please be advised that the following information is required upon submitting a permit to the building inspector' office:
- All questions to be filled out
- Drawings and or plans to be submitted
- For any type of structures, additions, or fences, a copy of survey is also required.
- Workman's Compensation Insurance Certificate to be submitted along with Liability Insurance for the contractor. (Please read letter regarding Workman's Compensation Insurance included in package)
- Certificate Holder is City of Newburgh
- Application fee is as follows:
- New Residential - $250.00 plus $.25 sq. ft. of floor area
- Renovation of Residential - $12.50 per thousand dollars of approx. cost of project. Minimum fee of $50 for a Building Permit
- New Commercial - $350.00 plus $.25 sq. ft. of floor area
- Renovation of Commercial - $12.50 per thousand dollars of approx. cost of project. Minimum fee of $50 for a Building Permit
- Fence - $25.00
- Sidewalk - $60.00
- Curbcuts - $75.00
- Swimming Pool - $50.00
- Scaffold - $50.00
- Building permit denial - $25.00
Time frame for the issuance of permit is approximately 2 weeks, unless additional information is needed.