How to Provide Public Comments Via Zoom
Public comment will be allowed via Zoom videoconference or teleconference. To reduce the chance of COVID-19 transmission, access to the Council Chambers will be limited to 18 members of the public. The meetings will be live-streamed via the City website at https://www.cityofnewburgh-ny.gov/289/Live-Video-Streaming. The public can also access the meeting remotely via Zoom by registering in advance. Zoom registration links will be provided via meeting notices as well as posted via the Work session & Regular Meeting Zoom Links, and social media channels.
To speak remotely at upcoming Council Meetings:
- All speakers must register in advance by 4:00 p.m. on the Monday of the Council Meeting date.
- Please fill out the required information (First Name, Last Name, e-mail Address). After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the City Council meeting.
- Please note that you will remain on mute until you are recognized to speak.
- When your name is called, you will have the option to unmute yourself. You will then have 3 minutes to speak if commenting on agenda and general matters of City business. You will have 5 minutes to speak if commenting on a public hearing item.
- If you do not register in advance, you will not be recognized to speak.
- Speakers who are late or do not speak up when their name is called will not be able to speak.
- Registration links should not be shared. Citizens listed under the same name multiple times will not be allowed to speak.
- If you want to leave the meeting at any time, please hang up or disconnect.
- Please note that phone numbers of public speakers may show during the broadcast and recording of the Council meeting.
Members of the public will still be able to submit comments regarding the agenda and general matters of City business via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line in this format: “PUBLIC COMMENT ITEM” by 4:00 p.m. on the Monday of the Council Meeting date.
Visit the City website for help registering & participating in a Zoom meeting.