The City of Newburgh is easily accessed by highway, rail, air, and port facilities, including ports on the Hudson River, Stewart International Airport, Interstate Highways 84 and 87 (the New York State Thruway), CSX freight lines, Metro North commuter rail, and connections to Amtrak rail service. National, regional, commuter, and local bus lines are also available.
Local Bus Service
- Transit Orange operates local buses throughout the City and neighboring communities.
- Call 845-565-7900 for Service Information
- UCAT Service (PDF): New Paltz to Newburgh
- Local Paratransit: 845-567-0013
- Newburgh Area Bus Service Schedule (PDF)
- City Ordinances regarding Taxi Cabs: Complaints regarding taxis operated unlawfully in the City should be submitted to the Police Department.
Taxi Dispatch Numbers
These numbers are provided as a courtesy to riders. In no way does the City of Newburgh endorse these operators. To add or remove a dispatch number to this list, please email the Planning Department.
- Perusa Taxi: 845-565-8989
- Newburgh Taxi: 845-561-0404
- Tony's Taxi: 845-562-7444
- Bob's Taxi: 845-561-8330
- RapidoTaxi: 845-569-8100
Commuter Transit Links
- Metro-North Hudson Line: Beacon Station: Metro-North operates ferry service between the Newburgh Waterfront and Beacon Station during morning and event rush hours.
- Newburgh, Beacon, Stewart Shuttle
- New Jersey Transit Main/Bergen-Port Jervis Line: Salisbury Mills/ Cornwall Station
- Short Line Commuter Bus Service: Shortline/ Coach USA offers regional and commuter bus service from four Newburgh area stops: Broadway and Robinson; Broadway and Lake Street; Newburgh Terminal (Route 17k); and Stewart Airport
Long Distance Transit
- New York Stewart International Airport
- Short Line Bus Service: Shortline/ Coach USA offers regional and commuter bus service from four Newburgh area stops: Broadway and Robinson; Broadway and Lake Street; Newburgh Terminal (Route 17k); and Stewart Airport
- Trailways National/Regional Bus Service: Service from Newburgh Terminal (Route 17k)