To view June 21, 2022 Planning Board meeting materials please use Dropbox link: https://bit.ly/3xF7ezt
- 7:30 pm
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Activity Center
401 Washington Street
Newburgh, NY 12550
Work Sessions Meetings
- 9:30 am
- 1st Tuesday of every month
- Code Compliance
123 Grand Street
Newburgh, NY 12550.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Penelope Guccione||Alternate Member|
|JK Gentile||Secretary to the Land Use Boards|
The Planning Board shall have full power and authority to make or cause to be made such investigations, maps, reports, and recommendations relating to the planning and development of the city as may be advisable or which the Council may direct. The Planning Board shall consist of seven members appointed for terms of seven years so fixed that one member's term shall expire at the end of each official year. For more information, see Section 300 in the City Code. If you have questions, contact the Code Compliance Department or email the Land Use Boards Secretary. Note that as of September 1, 2015, a new zoning code is in effect. The zoning code, Chapter 300 of the City's code, is viewable on our external Code site, ECode 360.
This ordinance also repealed former Chapter 300, Zoning, adopted December 11, 2000, by Ordinance Number 18-00, as amended.
Application Review Process
All instructions and forms are available on our Forms page. Applications to the City of Newburgh Planning Board are submitted and reviewed according to the following process:
- The applicant must make an application to be placed on the Work Session agenda by submitting to the secretary the following:
- Appropriate copies of plans (see instructions)
- Completed application
- Completed checklist
- Completed SEQRA Environmental Assessment Form
- Copies of Applications and Fees
The deadline is the third Friday of the month. Application packages not received by 12 pm on an above-mentioned day will not be placed on the agenda. No exceptions.
- The Planning Board reviews the application and will require the following:
- If it is not complete, requires revision, or the location, size, or type of project requires additional reviews by County or State agencies, the Engineer returns the application with appropriate instructions.
- If the application is complete and sufficient, the Engineer recommends that it be addressed by the Planning Board at a Work Session, which meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 9 am in the Code Compliance Department, 123 Grand Street.
- If the application is approved for inclusion on the Planning Review Meeting agenda, the applicant must resubmit to the secretary all documents required in the application instructions
The deadline is the first Friday of the month.
- The application is placed on the agenda for the next Planning Board Meeting, which meets on the third Tuesday of the month at Activity Center, 401 Washington Street, at 7:30 pm.
- The applicant should be aware that depending on the location, type, and size of the project, additional reviews by State and County agencies as well as an extensive SEQRA Review may be required.
- Also be advised, if the property is located in the Local Waterfront Protection Area, a Coastal Assessment Form must be submitted with your application.
All documents submitted to the Planning Board are public records. They may be requested from the Land Use Board Secretary and viewed during normal business hours, or a request for copies may be made following the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act from the City Clerk.
The Department of State's Committee on Open Government offers clarification of Open Meeting and Freedom of Information Act rules and regulations for New York State.