Guidelines for Dumpster Permit
- A dumpster permit is required for all dumpsters placed either on private property or on city property within the City of Newburgh.
- If you will be placing a dumpster on the street abutting the sidewalk, you must bring the following to the Department of Public Works office at 88 Pierces Road, Newburgh, NY 12550 (Office Trailer) (8 am to 3 pm):
- A Certificate of Liability must be obtained by the property owner's insurance agency.
- The City of Newburgh must be named as an "additional insured" party.
- If you are placing the dumpster on the owner's property, a certificate of liability is not required.
- The cost for a dumpster permit is $100 per week.
- The current form of payment needs to be cash or check only.
To receive a permit, download this dumpster permit (PDF), fill it out, and apply in person at the Department of Public Works, 88 Pierces Road, between 8 am and 3 pm.