Bulk Items & Yard Waste Pick-up
Pick-up is on Wednesday only, (unless there is a holiday during that week). There is a fee charged for each item that must be paid at the time of arranging your pick-up. Payment must be made in person at the Department of Public works office located at 88 Pierces Road, Newburgh, NY 12550 (Office Trailer), before Tuesday afternoon at 3 pm. The acceptable form of payment is cash or check only. If you have any questions regarding pick up, please call the Sanitation Department at 845-565-1082 or the Department of Public Works at 845-565-3297.
The fee schedule for bulk items is as follows:
- $2.50 Automobile tires without rim, $3 with. (limited to five and they must be dropped off at the DPW garage)
- $10 Small Furniture (Mattresses, Box Springs, Night Stands, Rolls of Carpet...)
- $10 Small Metal Items (Bike Frames, Gas Grills, screen metal doors (no glass), Bed Frames
- $20 Large Furniture (Sofas, Chairs, Dining Tables, Entertainment Centers, Coffee Tables...)
- $20 Large Metal items (washers, dryers, dishwashers, metal cabinets, swing sets, water heaters, etc.)
- $20 TVs under 35 inches and computer monitors
- $30 Refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers
- $30 TVs larger than 35 inches
When a holiday falls on a Monday, the schedule changes as follows:
- Monday routes are picked up on Tuesday.
- Tuesday routes are picked up on Wednesday.
- Wednesday special bulk item pick-ups are omitted.
- Thursday and Friday routes remain unchanged.
- Yard waste such as leaves and brush is picked up on Wednesdays. Arrangements must be made in advance to be put on the pick-up list and must be called in before Tuesday afternoon. Residents must provide their name, phone number, address, and indicate what items are to be picked up. They may call the Sanitation Department by Tuesday afternoon at 845-565-1082 before 5 pm or the Department of Public Works at 845-565-3297 before 2 pm. Requests called in after 5 pm on Tuesday will be put on the pick-up list for the following week.
- There is no fee for this service. If residents choose, they may bring yard waste to the Department of Public Works office at 88 Pierces Road on Wednesday only before noon. Brush must be bundled into sections no longer than 4 feet long and 3 inches in diameter, and bundles must weigh less than 50 pounds. Yard waste must be contained in clear or biodegradable bags.
- If a holiday falls on Monday, there will be no bulk item or yard waste pick up that Wednesday.