Parking During Snow Emergencies
When a major snow event occurs, a Snow Emergency will be declared. Also, a Snow Emergency automatically goes into effect at any time there is a prediction of snow and/or ice of 2-1/2 inches or more according to National Weather Service.
During a snow emergency, alternate side of the street parking regulations are in effect as follows:
- On North-South Streets, parking is permitted on the East side of the street for 24 hours, from 6pm, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Parking is permitted on the West side of the street for 24 hours from 6pm, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
- On East-West Streets, parking is permitted on the North side of the street for 24 hours from 6pm, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Parking is permitted on the South side of the street for 24 hours from 6pm, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
EXCEPTION: BROADWAY - No parking both sides from 12:00 midnight to 8:00 a.m. daily
- On all other City streets, the Police Department will designate the side of the street on which parking is permitted, allowing parking on one side of the street on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then on the other side, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Permitted parking on each side of the street will be from 6pm at the time the Emergency is declared until 24 hours thereafter.
No parking will be allowed at all on designated snow emergency routes. Snow emergency routes are as follows:
Broadway (both sides from West Street to the City line)
Little Britain Road (both sides, entire length)
North Street (both sides from Leroy Place to Robinson Avenue)
North and South Robinson Avenue (9W)
South Water Street
Water Street (A.K.A. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, both sides, entire length)
Parking is allowed in City Municipal Parking Lots on Ann Street, VanNess Street, (between Fullerton and Prospect Streets) and on Chambers Street.
Cars parked illegally during a snow emergency WILL BE TOWED.
The public can find Snow Emergency updates in the following places:
- City Hall Hotline - Call 845-569-7398 to hear a message in English and Spanish.
- City Website - Users can sign up for E-Alerts to be notified immediately.
- Social Media - Posts will appear on the City of Newburgh Facebook page.
- Radio - Pamal Broadcasting (WHUD 100.7FM, WSPK 104.7FM, WBNR 1260 am, WLNA 1420 am, WXPK 107.1FM), Fox Radio (Fox Radio: Fox 103.1, Oldies 98.9/1220/105.3, Fox Country 94.5), Townsquare Media (94.3/97.3 The Wolf, 92.7/96.9 WRRV, 101.5 WPDH, JUAN 95.7, 97.7 NOW)