The City of Newburgh is located at the intersection of several transportation systems: the Hudson River, Stewart International Airport, Intersate Highways 84 and 87 (the New York State Thruway), and railway routes including CSX freight and, across the river, the Metro North commuter line and Amtrak. Commuter and local bus lines are also available.
Metro-North Trains stop at the Beacon station just across the Hudson River from Newburgh. Schedules
Metro-North operates ferry service between Newburgh and Beacon Station during morning and event rush hours.
Stewart International Airport is now operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. For more information view the airport website.
Local Bus Service
NBBC operates buses on local routes and between Newburgh and Beacon.
News & Announcements
- Public Notice of 2014 Budget Amendment
- September City Council Work Session/Meeting Schedule Change
- A.G. Schneiderman announces new $20M round of funding for Land Banks across New York
- ROAD CLOSURE: JOHNSTON ST.
- 26th Annual International Festival August 29-Sept. 1 to feature Voices of Glory and Jermaine Paul