Guidelines For Dumpster Permit
- A dumpster permit is required for all dumpsters placed either on private property or on city property within the City of Newburgh.
- If you will be placing a dumpster on the street abutting the sidewalk, you must bring the following to the Department of Public Works office on 123 Grand Street (8am - 3pm):
a) A Certificate of Liability must be obtained by the property owner's insurance agency.
b) The City of Newburgh MUST be named as an "additional insured" party.
- If you are placing the dumpster on the owner's property, the certificate of liability is not required.
- The cost for a dumpster permit is $35.00 per week.
- Current form of payment needs to be cash or check only.
To receive a permit, download this form, fill it out, and apply in person at the Department of Public Works, 123 Grand Street, between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
Public Works Office: 8:00AM-3:30PM
123 Grand St
Newburgh, NY 12550