Bulk Items Pick-Up
Pick up is on Wednesday only, (unless a holiday falls on a Monday, see below). There is a FEE CHARGED FOR EACH ITEM, (see fee schedule below), that must be paid at the time of arranging your pick up. Payment must be made in person at the Department of Public works office located at 123 Grand Street, before Tuesday afternoon at 3:00PM. Acceptable form of payment is CASH OR CHECK ONLY. If you have any questions regarding pick up, please call the Sanitation Department at 845-565-1082 or the Department of Public Works at 845-565-3297.
The fee schedule for bulk items is as follows:
- $10.00 Small Metal Items (Bike Frames, Gas Grills, Storm Doors (no glass or screen), Bed Frames...)
$20.00 Large Furniture (Sofas, Chairs, Dining Tables, Entertainment Centers, Coffee Tables...)
- $10.00 Small Furniture (Mattresses, Box Springs, Night Stands, Rolls of Carpet...)
$250.00 One-ton dump truck load
- $30.00 Refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers
$20.00 TVs under 35 inches & computer monitors
- $30.00 TVs larger than 35 inches
$2.50 Automobile tires without rim, $3.00 with. (limited to five and they must be dropped off at the DPW garage)
$20.00 Large Metal items (washers, dryers, dishwashers, metal cabinets, swing sets, water heaters, etc.)
When a holiday falls on a Monday, the schedule changes as follows:
- Monday routes are picked up on Tuesday.
- Tuesday routes are picked up on Wednesday.
- Wednesday special bulk item pick-ups are omitted.
- Thursday and Friday routes remain unchanged.
Arrangements must be made to have leaves, brush, or yard waste picked up, and must be called in before Tuesday afternoon. You may call the Sanitation Department (before 5:00PM) and leave your name, phone number and address, and what you have to be picked up. You may also call the Department of Public Works at 845-565-3297 (before 2:00PM Tuesday afternoon) to be put on the pick up list. If you call after 5:00PM Tuesday, you will be put on the pick up list for the following week. There is NO FEE for this service. If you choose, you can bring your leaves/brush to 88 Pierces Road on Wednesday ONLY before 12:00 noon.
- Trimmings and brush must be less than 3 in. diameter; they must be bundled and tied in 4-ft lengths weighing less than 50 lbs.
- Leaves and grass clippings must be placed into clear plastic or biodegradable bags.
**If there is a holiday that falls on a Monday, there is NO bulk item, or leaf pick up that Wednesday.
Public Works Office: 8:00AM-3:30PM
123 Grand St
Newburgh, NY 12550