Clean streets and sidewalks are essential components of an improved quality of life. To achieve this goal, the city's Sanitation Code, revised in October 2006, makes separate provisions for the collection of garbage, recycling, and bulk items.
With 44 employees, the Department of Public Works is responsible for the physical well-being of the City of Newburgh.
Our activities include:
- Sanitation and recycling collection
- Maintenance of City streets and bridges
- Maintenance of City Parks and other properties
- Maintenance of municipal buildings, including City Hall, Unified Courts, the 1841 Courthouse, Youth Bureaus, and police substations.
- Supervision of the City's sanitary sewers
- Administration of city and police garages and vehicles
- Snow removal
- Enforcement of environmental standards
Public Works Office: 8:00AM-3:30PM
123 Grand St
Newburgh, NY 12550